One moms journey through life wondering "am I doing this right?"

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's Coming!!!!

Angelina has been talking so so much more lately. It's a joy to hear. I don't care if a lot of the speech is still scripted ( meaning she repeats sentences she hears from a video or show she's watching)! She is yakking away and that's what counts. I remember nights I would lay awake all night crying and thinking about what life would be like for her if she never spoke a word. How sad it would be not too hear that beautiful voice?
Much of her speech today is in fact appropriate. I love when she comes home from school and says to me or my husband "Can I get a hug?" Or when she is sitting on the potty reading one of her Potty training books and says " I pull down my pants and try to peep o poop". Even that brings a smile  to my face.
I am so happy with any progress Angelina makes. Even small steps, baby steps...it's all good. Progress and hope is what parents like us live for. Hope that someday she will tell me what her day was like and she will tell how she feels. Yes... I know those days will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment