One moms journey through life wondering "am I doing this right?"

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Us too...someday?

Recently I had a couple of fellow special needs moms tell me there child no longer had a diagnosis. They were undiagnosed. Wow...that's great to hear. Its always encouraging to hear such hopeful stories. See the smile on the moms faces. I am truly happy  for anyone who receives that great news.
While I feel so many different emotions on the topic, I can't lie that I have the thought "why not Angelina?  Why not me?"
I start dreaming of all the things that would be different if Angelina was undiagnosed. She and I could talk about her day...everyday. We could go shopping together and pick out pretty clothes for her to wear. We could get our nails done together. We could.....
But then I look across the room at Angelina and I know what I share with her right now in time is enough. We have our own special moments...we laugh together, we talk our own language to each other and we snuggle all the time. We love each other more than anything or anyone can imagine.

That's plenty to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment