One moms journey through life wondering "am I doing this right?"

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sleepng Beauty

Angelina has slept a full night for the last three nights. Yes!!!
It might sound like no big defeat for you but for our house its big news.
You see Angelina has NEVER been a "good sleeper". Since she was a young infant she has been waking up during the night and usually cant get herself back to sleep.I am told its a typical issue with Autistic children. Wow...its a nightmare for us. I feel like a zombie most days. Before I became a SAHM I use to go to work as this zombie. I don't know how I functioned. Probably not well because I had to stop working.
We deal with it. I usually let my husband sleep since he does have to go into the office everyday. I get up with Angelina and do my best to try and get her sleepy again. That is usually a futile effort. She is so wired when she gets up nothing helps. You would think it was the middle of the afternoon. Yes, we have tried many many different approaches to help....down time at night, melatonin, change the lighting,...nothing helps. We have been through long phases of this sleep deprivation and then we'll go through a phase where Angelina will sleep for months.
Today I am hoping the latter will come true.  I have my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment